Monday, 22 June 2026

An Unprogrammed Conversation

 

Article and photo by Bill Burke - LINK HERE

 An Unprogrammed Conversation

God:  Hey, nice to see you.  I see that you aligned yourself with the light.

Me:  Yeah, I usually sit at the end of the bench so I can rest my arm occasionally on the side but this morning that spot was taken.

God:  Cool, it’s good to move around.  It offers a different perspective.

Me:  Yeah, this is the first time I sat in this particular spot and the light really has me focused.  Sometimes my mind drifts, you know.

God:  Yeah, I know what you mean but if you focus and listen, you’ll be fine.

Me:  That’s what I try to tell myself.  When I look at the stage, I can feel your presence.  It’s like you’re in the middle speaking to us and we’re at your side following the spoken words.

God:  Yeah, that is a nice visual, I like it.  I notice that food is being collected for the food bank -- macaroni and cheese and tuna fish.  Yumm!!!  If you want to have an incredible heavenly meal – just add peas. When you were thinking about standing up and sharing your visual interpretation of the scene before you, I was excited.  But then you didn’t.

Me:  I felt I needed more time.

God:  It would have been alright but I must admit I really liked your proposal to recreate the scene at another time and write something.  That was a great move and if I was giving out points, you would have gotten a bunch but you know me, my playing field is level. By the way, how did you like my follow up?

Me:  I thought it was so you.

God:  I just couldn’t resist placing a pencil on your path home especially after you mentioned to a few people the previous week that you haven’t seen a pencil on the ground for a few months.  I was sure that you would hear me laughing.  Just a little reminder.  Sometimes we all need them.

Me:  Yeah, you’re right, I can’t argue with you.  Anyway, you are always right.

God:  Well, another hour has passed and it was really nice to have this conversation with you.  Remember, I am always here 24/7, 365 – oh, this year is 366.  Adjustments can be annoying sometimes. By the way, the sticker you saw yesterday in that car window was right on the money.  “God is having a good day”.  I sure was and I hope you always have good days. Later!!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that wacky God and his little signs! I enjoyed this article, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this. Every single word. And especially "I thought it was so you!" Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read ... thank you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How good is this, wonderful.
    Seems strange this: but, my best friend cousins husband was the founder of the Quakers :) though not one himself..

    ReplyDelete
  5. God created us to have a good sense of humor after Him. I love this. Enjoyable read!

    ReplyDelete

We like to hear from you. Please comment here. Anonymous comments accepted. Please be kind.

Forgiveness

  .   ARTICLE BY VICTOR S E MOUBARAK - LINK HERE     Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, if my brother keeps on sinning against me, ...